Friday, July 25, 2008

Home is where the good beer is

Back in the comforts (aka nearby beer fridge) of home it’s time to crack into some of the treats picked up with Kat & Scott last Sunday in Wisconsin. The first to grace my glass is Dogfish Head’s Festina Peche. At Chicone’s I only read “malt beverage brewed with peach concentrate” but as I opened it this afternoon I searched further for a more expanded description and found “Festina Peche is a neo-Berliner style Weisse fermented with peach juice.” Hmmmm...weisse…not generally one of my favorite styles but it’s already purchased so there’s no turning back now. The color is reminiscent of freshly squeezed lemonade, without the pulp, and the first sip was very tart, almost bordering on sour. Halfway through my first bottle, I’m sold on this beer! It’s light, refreshing and at only 4.5% abv I think I’ll easily make it through the four-pack. Now the question is, will I leave any for Mag to sample?

No comments:

Post a Comment