I don’t think I’m drinking enough. Either that or I’m buying too much. Regardless of the reason for the imbalance, the result is a beer fridge that is getting pretty full. Not that I’m necessarily complaining. I mean really, when your fridge is full of this much good stuff it would be an offense to the beer gods to complain.
Some of the recent additions:
- A growler of Vine Park Mulligan IPA, courtesy of Mag. It’s been a long time since I’ve had any Vine Park (and it still makes me sad that the former incarnation as a brewpub is but a memory) so I’m quite looking forward to cracking this open. While not quite a wet hop, locally grown Cascade hops were used so I’ll be interested to see how this comes out on the hop spectrum.
- Two growlers procured on a recent trip north: Wildfire Lager and XXX English Ale from Fitger’s. Now if you’ve done much drinking with me you know I’m not a lager fan, but when you spice it up like this (with Hatch chilies) you’ll peak my interest. The XXX falls completely on the other end of the spectrum and should be a nice session beer.
- A growler of Great Water’s Giant Star. A couple weeks ago I’d stopped into Great Waters and found out that Giant Star would soon be making its return. I recalled that I had enjoyed it before but hadn’t recalled just how much I’d enjoyed it. After a goblet of it, there was no way I was leaving without a growler full of it (good thing I made it there on a Saturday).
- Founders Cerise is not a stranger to the fridge but it had been absent until my local Cellars was able to get a super good price from the distributor. The result: a near hording of this lovely brew.
- Also from Founders, Dry Hopped Pale Ale. I don’t know much about this brew other than it’s from a brewery that doesn’t seem to make a bad beer and I’ve not had it before.
- Finally, from another sure bet brewery, Dark Horse, Perkulator Coffee Dopplebock. When I heard Cellars had gotten this in stock I thought it sounded familiar but once I saw the label I knew I’d had it before. I mean really, how many two headed, winged creatures are out there gracing bottles of beer?
It looks like I’ve got a lot of work ahead of me. Too bad there’s that silly little thing called work…