Thursday, August 8, 2013

It's a...Beer?

Most people would agree that in this world there are cat people and dog people, beer drinkers and wine drinkers. Sure, there are some that swing both ways or perhaps tolerate their less favorite of the two. I fall into the dog person, beer drinker group but I'm not opposed to petting the occasional cat or trying some wine from time to time. What I tried last night blurred those lines.

Sixty-One, from the folks at Dogfish Head, is described as "the continually-hopped India Pale Ale brewed with Syrah grape must." From the first time I read that label last week I was intrigued and while checking out the 39th Mini Mart over the weekend I picked up a bottle. The blush color is not dissimilar to that of some of the fruit beers I've had but the flavor is all together new. I can honestly say that it tastes like what I imagine the perfect blend of a red wine and a mildly hoppy beer to be.

If you're one of those folks that likes to try new things and you happen upon a bottle of it, it's worth picking up. At 6.5% it's not a boozy beer and being in a 12-oz format it's one you could probably even struggle through on your own if it turns out not to be your cup of tea. If you've had it (or when you have it) I'd love to hear your take on it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to see if I can find this. I'm a beer and wine person-depends on my mood. Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete