Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Beer Musings is going to Feast Portland

Last year I went to Feast Portland on behalf of #pdxbeergeeks and found out first hand that it was as amazing as I had heard. This year I applied for my own blogger pass and am stoked to have gotten approved. I should probably stop eating right now to prepare because yes, it is a multi-day event of feasting on top of feasting.

If you haven't been, perhaps because you think it's just a food event, it's most definitely not. Breweries, cideries, wineries and distilleries are involved in nearly all of the events and there's even a series of events dedicated just to booze - Drink Tank. The six events in the series include two on my favorite tipple plus whiskey, pinot noir, margaritas and one in which "a few key players in the wine and spirits industry...share drinking wisdom and closing-time tales."

One of the events I'm most excited about is Feast Portland's Thursday night kick-off party, Widmer Brothers Brewing Sandwich Invitational Presented by Dave's Killer Bread. That's a mouthful and I expect the event to be one, too, with 15 chefs from Portland and across the country competing to claim the judges' and people's favor.

From there, all the way through Sunday night there is an impressive lineup of events taking place across town. While I'm still figuring out all that I'll be at I'll definitely be at Sunday's Tillamook Brunch Village that among other things had most amazing bloody Mary bar I've ever been privy to. Brunch in Portland is what church is to many other places in the country and this event does justice to the esteem we hold it in.

Finally, Feast Portland is not just a food and drink festival but also an event that supports local and national programs to help end childhood hunger. In three years Feast Portland has raised over $162,000 for Partners for a Hunger-Free Oregon (PFHO) and No Kid Hungry.



Feast Portland
Thursday, September 17 - Sunday, September 20

Find events/buy tickets

4 comments:

  1. I will look forward to experiencing the Feast fest through your posts this year. I've been to the Sandwich Invitational event for the last two years, and it is amazing. This year, I will be feasting across the ocean at a different festival: http://cheese.slowfood.com/en/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum!! I expect to hear all about your feasting in return.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good time! I have Oktoberfest to attend to, so I will feast vicariously through your blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete