Sunday, February 10, 2008

Busy weekend...good weekend


Once again it’s been a busy weekend for the Eaganites. Friday was our Anti-Winterfest outing. Due to some unavoidable circumstances there only ended up being five of us partaking, but nonetheless it was a good time. We started off with some beers at Buster’s, headed north to Mac’s Industrial, stopped off at Town Hall, attempted a stop at Blue Nile and finished up at Buster’s. Buster’s was busy both times we were there, which is great for them. When we first started going there things tended to be slow but no doubt due in part to their great beer selection more people have learned about this little gem. Friday marked our first visit to Mac’s and it lived up to what Lori and Paul told us about this place. Yes, when you walk in it looks like your typical sports bar but sit down, check out their beer selection and order something to eat. I promise you’ll be pleasantly surprised. Town Hall was as usual a great stop for some local brew and after a couple we were on to the Blue Nile. Unfortunately by the time we got there, a $5 cover was required. There’s no doubt they’ve got a great tap selection but so did every other place on the agenda for the night so we decided to keep on trucking. As a final stop we headed back to Buster’s and ended the night with more good beer. Sure, we might have missed out on some special releases at Winterfest but we had a great night surrounded by good friends and good beer.
Saturday I was a bit bummed when I had to decline an invitation to check out St. Cloud’s newest brewpub, McCann’s. With my cooking club meeting that night there was no way I was going to be able to do both so I wished Mag happy drinking and off he went with Kat and Scott. I found out later that I didn’t miss all that much (the attached picture explains it all) except for the stop on their way back at Barley John’s.
With the weekend winding down, Comedy Central is playing “Office Space” and what better way to get ready for the coming week than to sit back, have some beers and think about how great it would be to “just not go” anymore. Here’s to a week of working only enough not to be hassled and the quick arrival of next weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Of the five house brews at McCann's, I enjoyed the IPA, porter, and Belgian-style trippel.

    My biggest turn off with McCann's was their heavy promotion of macro beers. I just do not understand why a brewpub would promote macro beers. I understand why they might sell them but to promote them makes not sense to me.

    ReplyDelete