Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Beer Fest Prep: NAOBF


Here we are, although how exactly we got here I'm not sure, looking down the last week of June. Does that make me a bit sad? Yes, but you know what helps to counter that? It's time for the North American Organic Brewers Festival (NAOBF)!

NAOBF, sandwiched between Fruit Beer Festival (whose beer line up is the one I look forward to most) and OBF (whose sheer depth and breadth is amazing), is special in another way. It takes place at my favorite beer festival venue in Portland - Overlook Park.

Getting back to my standard beer festival preparations (which I've been slacking on a bit lately) I scanned the beer list looking for beers that I've had, ones I can cross off my drinking list for the day (because as much as I'd like to drink them all, even I'm not that good). To my surprise and dismay, I wasn't even able to rule out half of the nearly 60 offerings.

Then it was time for round two cuts. Reading through the beer descriptions I was looking for special words like "dry-hopped" and "tart" and interesting ingredients like "cold brewed Jasmine tea" and "ginger". That round made a more significant impact, whittling the list down to 10 beers I definitely want to try and handful of others I'd like to try, a manageable agenda for day drinking.

The final step, and this is a newer one, will be to add the 10 - 15 beers to my Untappd wish list. Not only will it make check-ins easier at the festival but I'll be making progress on the elusive Your Wish Came True badge. Yes, I'm that kind of beer geek. Wanna be Untappd friends?


June 26 - 28 12:00 - 9:00 pm
June 29 12:00 - 5:00 pm
Free admission, $6 tasting glass, $1 beer tokens

No comments:

Post a Comment