Monday, April 12, 2010

Great Weather = Patio Drinking

It occurred to me this morning that every day of this past weekend I was enjoying great beer out on one patio or another.

Friday night it was Great Waters, where I got to try out their new Opening Day IPA which rivals another recent addition, Glacier Pale Ale. Both have great hop flavor and at about 5% each make for pretty good session beers.

Saturday afternoon, no surprise, it was Town Hall. But what was a surprise was seeing Festivus back on tap! That’s right, someone must have stashed a keg of Festivus for the rest of us in a corner somewhere and forgotten about it. Not that I’m complaining, I’ll happily drink this more wintery brew while those around me are delighting in a hefe or some other warm weather beer.

Sunday was even nicer than Saturday and this time the patio of choice was Stub & Herb’s. Very quiet when we arrived in the early afternoon, we took advantage of the sun, warmth, great tap list, and happy hour pricing. The beer went down easy, including one I ordered but didn’t think I’d like very much, Great Divide Hoss Rye Lager.

Hopefully you found the time to do some patio drinking yourself. Gotta take advantage of it when you can. You know, before it decides to rain for days on end, sky rocket into the 90’s or remind us exactly where we live with one last taste of white flakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment