Wednesday, July 23, 2008

So Now I'm in San Fran for Work

The flight is a bit longer than to DC, but worth it. The weather's better, the hotel gave me decent beer in my room (Anchor Steam) and just across the street there's a liquor store, a place selling bubble tea AND Taco Hell.

Yesterday afternoon I picked up four brews not available in MN to try out: Fire Rock Pale Ale from Kona Brewing, Firestone DBA from Firestone Walker Brewing Company and two from Deschutes Brewing- Mirror Pond Pale Ale and Black Butte Porter.

So far I've tried the Fire Rock Pale Ale and the Mirror Pond Pale Ale. Both were quite good with the Fire Rock being a bit sweeter and stronger flavored overall. The Mirror Pond is certainly a session beer...too bad I don't have a session to enjoy it in. At this point I'll just be happy to crack into the other two before leaving tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Bring some of this back and I'll pay dearly:

    http://www.21st-amendment.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, got back around 10 pm last night. I didn't make it to 21st Amendment this time, but did on my last trip...it's a great place!

    ReplyDelete